Aadhaar is an important document for the citizens of India which is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of the Government of India. Earlier it was a paper card. But, recently, UIDAI launched a polyvinyl chloride Aadhaar card.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)launched the Aadhaar in the form of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card in October last year. Just like your debit card or PAN, you will be able to carry the PVC Aadhaar card in your wallet. PVC cards are called polyvinyl chloride cards. A PVC card is a plastic card on which the Aadhaar information is printed. A fee of ₹50 is charged for making this card.
The new card is equipped with the latest security features. Its security features include a hologram, Giloch pattern, ghost image and microtext. It’s more durable, convenient to carry, instantly verifiable offline. Aadhaar holders can print their Aadhaar details on PVC card by paying a nominal charge of Rs 50.
“To order your PVC card online, all you need is your Aadhaar number. If you don’t have that, you can use your 28 digit Enrolment ID (EID) or 16 digits Virtual ID (VID) to order it,” UIDAI said in a tweet.
How to apply for the all-new Aadhaar PVC card
- Apply online on the official website of UIDAI.
- In the ‘My Aadhaar section’, click on the ‘Order Aadhaar PVC Card’
- Now, enter either the 12 digit Aadhaar number or the 16 digits virtual ID, or the 28 digit EID.
- Now, enter the security code or captcha you see in the picture.
- Click Send OTP.
- You will get an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Now, enter the OTP and submit it.
- After submitting, you will have a preview of the PVC card in front of you.
- Then click on the payment option below. After doing this, you will be redirected to the payment page and you have to pay the fee.
- Your PVC card will be ordered as soon as payment is made.
The PVC card is loaded with the latest security features. Its security features include a hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost image & Microtext.
Follow us on: Twitter
Follow us on: Facebook
Read Everyday Blogs at Daily Blog Day