Engineer’s Day is being celebrated in India on 15th September, it has been celebrated to give tribute to our greatest engineer. Greatest engineer of India and Bharat Ratna Sir Mokshagundam Vishweshvaraya popularly known as MV. Visevesvaraya. He was born on 15th September 1861, he belongs to a Telugu family at Karnataka. His parents were well-known Sanskrit scholars. Visvesvaraya completed his primary education in his hometown and later moved to Bengaluru for higher studies. After pursuing a UG degree in Arts, Visvesvaraya changed track and went for a degree in civil engineering from the College of Engineering in Pune. Not only in India but Engineer’s Day is also celebrated in Srilanka.
Facts About Sir
- Sir was not only the greatest Civil Engineer but also as the 19th Diwan of Mysore.
- He had received the greatest honour, The Bharat Ratna in the year 1955.
- Sir MV’s birth date 15th September is celebrated as Engineer’s Day not only in India but also in Sri Lanka and Tanzania, in his memory.
- However he was the Chief Engineer of Krishna Raja Sagara Dam in Mysusru city.
- He was an expert in irrigation techniques and flood disaster management.
- Known as the architect of the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam, one of the biggest dam in India.
Follow us on Twitter
Read our more content on Daily Blog Day