A beginners guide on how to write Abstract for your research paper.
A 10-step Abstract guide
- Begin writing the abstract after you have finished writing your paper.
- Pick out the major objectives/hypotheses and conclusions from your Introduction and Conclusion sections.
- Select key sentences and phrases from your Methods section.
- Identify the major results of your Results section.
- Now, arrange the sentences and phrases selected in steps 2, 3, and 4 into a single paragraph in the following sequence: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Make sure that this paragraph does not contain new information that is not present in the paper undefined abbreviations or group names a discussion of previous literature or reference citations unnecessary details about the methods used.
- Remove all extra information (see step 6) and then link your sentences to ensure that the information flows well, preferably in the following order: purpose; basic study design, methodology and techniques used; major findings; summary of your interpretations, conclusions, and
- Confirm that there is consistency between the information presented in the abstract and in the paper.
- Ask a colleague to review your abstract and check if the purpose, aim, methods, and conclusions of the study are clearly stated.
- Check to see if the final abstract meets the guidelines of the target
journal (word limit, type of abstract, recommended subheadings, etc).
Follow Me On Instagram : the_aakash_sky
Read Our Ultimate Motivation Content Click Me
We hope you liked the content of our page Read EveryDay Blogs at dailyblogday India’s Blogging Site.