India’s first Covid-19 vaccine trial begins: As the number of coronavirus cases in the country has been increasing rapidly over the last few days, the first Indian Covid-19 vaccine received approval on Saturday from the AIIMS Standards Committee to launch human trial activities from Monday.
AIIMS-Delhi is one of the 12 sites selected by the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) to conduct phase 1 and II Covaxin human testing. In the first phase, the vaccine will be tested on 375 volunteers and their total number 100 will come from AIMS.
In addition, the Bharat Biotech India (BBIL) Human Immuno Deficiency Vaccine was launched on Wednesday in collaboration with ICMR’s National Institute of Virology (NIV) at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Patna and postgraduate of Pandit Bhagwat Church Sharma A department spokesman said Friday. Earlier this month Biotech has said it will test human clinics at the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI).
Here are some of the top 5 major updates we know about the vaccine for the first Indian vaccine against COVID-19:
1) The AIIMS Ethics Committee has recommended that the trial of the traditional clinic begin tomorrow. “Healthy volunteers with no morbidity and no history of Covid-19, between the ages of 18 and 55, are eligible to participate in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial,” Drs. Said Sanjay Roy, professor of AIIMS Center for Community Medicine. Anyone interested in participating in this case can send an email to Ctaiims.firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS or call 7428847499.
2) Human testing of covaxin has started at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Patna. Aims-Patna selected 10 volunteers to launch the covaxin human trial.
3) Aims Patna was the first center to hear the case on Wednesday and so far nine people have been vaccinated with small doses of safety tests, two sources said. Two weeks later, the vaccine is given to more people if it turns out to be safe.
4) Testing has now started on AIIMS, Patna, and many other sites. Earlier, Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij wrote online that the human trafficking case against Bharat Biotech’s coronavirus had started in PGIMS Rohtak. Anil Vij said, “Three courses were registered today. All were well tolerated by the vaccine. No adverse attempts were made,”.
5) Covaxin is a kind of novel developed by the National Institute of Virology in Pune taken from the coronavirus. Bharat Biotech has launched a “non-existent” vaccine at a high-end facility in the Genome Valley in Hyderabad.
Do Follow us on Twitter
Do read more of our content on Daily Blog Day