Democrat candidate Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. (Joe Biden) has been declared the winner of the 2020 US presidential election, defeating Donald Trump, according to news agency The Associated Press.
- Prior to becoming Vice President of the Barack Obama administration, Biden had forged strong relations with India.
- Biden played a key role, both as Chair of the Senate Relations Committee and later as Vice President, in strengthening formal cooperation with India.
- Although (at the time) Senator Obama was initially reluctant to fund the Indo-US nuclear deal, Biden led the case and worked with Democrats and Republicans, to ratify the nuclear deal at the US Congress in 2008.
- Biden was one of the key advocates for strengthening Indo-US cooperation, especially in strategic areas. At that time, the US officially announced its support for India’s membership in the newly formed and expanded United Nations Security Council.
- Obama-Biden’s management also called India a “Major Defense Partner”, which made it easier to share advanced and sensitive technology with India to strengthen security ties.
- This was important because it was the first time that any country had been given this position, apart from the traditional US unity program.
- In August 2016, both sides signed a Memorandum of Agreement (LEMOA) for Logistics Exchange, the first of the “basic points” of deep military cooperation.
- With Democrats seemingly more liberal to immigrants, Biden is expected to be more inclined to Indians to the US to study, work and live there, and aspire to a better life.
- He promised to support family-based migration, increase the number of visas issued to permanent, working-class migrants, change the temporary visa system for high-skilled, specialized jobs, and eliminate the limit of green work-based cards. He also promised to bring back the process of making natural green cards.
- Over the past 20 years, every US President has had differences over many issues, but if there is one common ground they all agree on this: a strong relationship with India.
Mr. Biden, US President 2020 a 77-year-old son of working-class Scranton, Pennsylvania, became the oldest candidate elected to the presidency. Having served for nearly four decades in the US Senate and eight years as Barack Obama’s vice-president, Mr. Biden promised to unify the nation after the tumult of the Trump years.
Do Read– Tesla launches $250 tequila online, quickly ‘out of stock’
Joe Biden Wins the US President Election 2020
How To Use WhatsApp Payment Step By Step Guide
Follow us on: Twitter
Follow us on: Facebook
Read Everyday Blogs at Daily Blog Day
This Post Has 2 Comments
Pingback: PUBG Mobile India to relaunch soon? - Daily Blog day
Pingback: Luggage Security Alarm using IoT - Daily Blog day