No FASTag leads to double the Toll Tax From January 1st : FASTag has become mandatory for all the vehicles weather new or old vehicle from January 1st 2021. However according to National Highways Authority Of India (NHAI) no FASTag will lead to double the toll tax.
FASTag Rule Explained in Points:
- In case you are going without a FASTag, look for the hybrid lane in toll plazas where FASTag as well as other modes of payment will be accepted. The ministry of road transport and highways has instructed that one lane on either side of th shall be kept as hybrid lane. You will, however, have to pay double the toll tax as a penalty. At some toll plazas you may find more than one hybrid lane as the government has allowed them to keep upto 25% lanes as hybrid ones for a month.
- FASTags are priced at ₹100 but the government was giving it out for free for few days last month to popularise its use. Besides, you also need to pay ₹150 as security deposit and recharge it as per your use.
- Designed as an Aadhaar card for vehicles, FASTags are not issued without KYC documents. You will need to submit the Registration Certificate (RC) of your vehicle, your passport-size photograph as well as your own identity proof document.
- Besides toll plaza counters, you can buy FASTags from banks like SBI, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Paytm Payments Bank, etc. It is also being sold online on Amazon.
- Once you buy the FASTag you can either use the e-wallet option and keep recharging it with online payment modes like debit card, credit card, internet banking, UPI, etc. Alternatively, you can also link it to your bank account. But before you recharge you need to activate the tag by entering details related to you and your vehicle in MY FASTag mobile app.
FASTag employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments on national highways directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it. A prepaid tag, fixed on vehicles’ windscreen, allows automated deduction of toll charges, and lets any vehicle pass through a toll plaza with zero human contact
Follow us on Twitter
Read Our More Contents On Daily Blog Day