Social and Environmental Impact of Engineering Solutions: Engineering solutions have always had a huge impact on society. In some cases, the effect is positive, such as transportation, Communication, Etc. While it also has a negative impact such as pollution, global warming, ozone layer depletion, etc.
Conventional Energy Sources
- Conventional energy source based on coal, gas, and oil
- helpful for the improvement in the economy of a country
- these resources have a bad impact on the environment
- Forced us to think about renewable energy resources.
Renewable Energy Resources
- The social, environmental, and economical problems of conventional energy resources can be omitted by the use of renewable energy sources
- considered as environment-friendly, having no or little emission of exhaust and poisonous
- can use these resources again and again to produce useful energy
Social impacts assessment for different renewable energy sources
- utilize local labor from rural areas
- local material and business
- as the ratio of people working in different companies increase; create more jobs for others by using the part of their economy for entertainment, leisure, restaurant, etc.
- services of local banks
- Biofuel projects created a large number of jobs
- low jobs created by solar power plants
- consumers will be provided with electric power at a low cost as compared to that of conventional energy sources
- The two main aspects of the environment are air and water pollution
- Water Pollution is due to discharged water from houses, industries, and
- polluted rain and discharge of used oils and liquids contains poisonous chemicals and heavy metals like mercury, lead, etc.
- Air Pollution is caused by the release of poisonous greenhouse
- Water pollution, greenhouse effect, and air pollution can be mitigated by the
- proper usage of renewable energy sources
Summary of environmental effects
Social and Environmental Impact of Engineering Solutions: Negative Impacts
- The major problem with the solar system is the high investment and maintenance cost.
- Noise production and unpleasant smell are the negative impacts of Biomass Energy Plants.
- Fuel cells have slow implementation because of their high cost of plant construction and energy generation.
- In hydropower plants, the major sociopolitical problem is the shifting of the people from the areas where the plant is going to be constructed.
Do Follow us on Twitter
Also Read- India’s first Covid-19 vaccine trial begins
Do read more of our content on Daily Blog Day
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE'S CORONA SEEN DISAPPEARING, REAPPEARING IN A REMARKABLE FIRST - Daily Blog day